The mayor of San Diego has announced a $4.7 million budget cut to the Commission for Arts and Culture budget resulting in a $25,000 shortfall for Villa Musica in the coming academic year. To help us offset this loss, we are asking the entire Villa Musica community to “Come Together” and make a tax-deductible donation by June 30. Any amount is welcome!
Each month, over 500 musicians (including YOU!) enjoy the benefits of Villa Musica’s unique Sorrento Valley Community Music Center, whether taking private lessons, as a member of one of the many ensembles that rehearse and perform here, or as a participant or spectator for one of our free monthly recitals.
What you may not know is…
- Villa Musica is a non-profit organization, that relies heavily on public grants, private donations and family giving, in addition to tuition from students
- The donations we receive help to pay for our facility operational costs, as well as general operational costs for providing outreach programs at local schools, libraries and senior centers
- Donations also help us to employ the 26+ highly-qualified and fully-vetted music teachers you have come to know and love
What can you do?
Make a tax-deductible donation by June 30 in any amount. We’re hoping to see 100% participation from our Villa Musica Community!
How can you give?
You can make a donation:
- In-Person, just walk in during our normal weekday hours, 10am-6:00pm
- Over the Phone, (858) 550-8100
Some employers also offer donation matching programs. Check with your HR department to see if yours is one of them!