Work at Villa Musica
Camp Coordinator – Summer 2017
Founded as a non-profit corporation in November 2005, Villa Musica is a vibrant gathering place where people can come together to take music lessons, play in an ensemble, or participate in a workshop. Villa Musical Faculty Instructors provide instrumental, vocal and/or theoretical training for children and adults of all ages. They may work at a variety of levels teaching different musical skills in either individual or group settings.
The camp coordinator facilitates the Villa Musica summer camp schedule, liaising between parents, faculty and the administration team to provide a meaningful camp experience for those enrolled – in a safe and stimulating environment of musical learning. The quality of your commitment, your caring, even your passion for what you do makes Villa Musica a place where students leave the richer for their experiences.
As Camp Coordinator your responsibilities are as follows:
- Communicating with campers parents and providing appropriate forms and waivers with enough advance notice for their successful completion
- Greeting campers at the beginning of each day and assuring sign in/out procedures are completed
- Supervising all non-music class time: breaks, lunchtime, playtime
- Create, design and implement music inspired art projects, crafts and games
- Coordinate field trips
- Provide support for teaching artists
- Oversee camp counselors
Requirements for this position:
The ideal candidate for this position must posses a passion for music education, be inspired by little people, must have a sense of humor and be quick thinking and adaptable. Students working toward a degree in education with an emphasis in the arts are greatly encouraged to apply.
Summer 2017 Dates (subject to change – based on enrollment): Avg. 40 hrs per week $11.50 per hr
- June 19-23 – Music Adventures (Session I)
- June 26-30 – Teen Glee (ages 12-14)
- July 10-14 – Junior Glee (ages 8-11)
- July 17-21 – Beginning Strings (ages 5-7)
- July 24-28 – Intermediate Strings (ages 8-12)
- August 7-11 – Busker Camp
- August 14-18 – Music Adventures (Session II)
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Fiona L. Chatwin, Executive and Artistic Director, Villa Musica email@example.com