Founded as a non-profit corporation in November 2005, Villa Musica is a vibrant gathering place where people can come together to take music lessons, play in an ensemble, or participate in a workshop. Villa Musical Faculty Instructors provide instrumental, vocal and/or theoretical training for children and adults of all ages. They may work at a variety of levels teaching different musical skills in either individual or group settings.
Villa Musica inspires people of all ages and backgrounds to explore the joy and lifelong value of music through education, performance and community engagement. Founded as a non-profit corporation in November 2005, Villa Musica is a vibrant community music center where people can come together to take music lessons, play in an ensemble, or participate in a workshop.
Job Title: Office Manager / Executive Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive and Artistic Director
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Executive and Artistic Director, Villa Musica’s Office Manager / Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day functions of Villa Musica. Provides business support for the Executive and Artistic Director. Serves as the liaison and first point of contact for students, parents, guests and the general public and is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the day-to-day activities and operations of Villa Musica
- Provide a full range of high-level executive support to Executive/Artistic Director and Faculty as needed. Required to handle confidential information with good judgement and discretion.
- Process all new student inquiries/registrations
- Respond in a timely manner
- Connect with appropriate Faculty
- Schedule initial lessons
- Maintain studio/recital schedules
- Manage monthly billing
- Process payroll
- Accept, record and process payments from students
- Serve as principal liaison to the Villa Musica Board of Directors; make preparations for, schedule and take notes at board meetings
- Supervise and direct work for weekend part-time employees
- Oversee all administrative processes and create protocols to ensure office efficiency and productivity.
- Serve as the point person for administrative duties including:
- Answer, direct and relay telephone and email messages
- Develop and/or maintain a current and accurate filing system
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment/instruments
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment
- Help prepare bulk mailings
- Assist in the planning and preparation of Faculty meetings
- High School Diploma, GED required
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to independently, multitask and prioritize work
- Current Driver’s License Required
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Windows-based software (including MS Office).
- Experience with Mac hardware and QuickBooks.
- Tech savvy, quick to learn new soft wares.
- Writes/creates basic reports and business correspondence.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, and works in collaboration with others.
- Spanish language skills recommended (but not necessary)
Full-Time (10am- 6pm) – $17-$20 per hour – commensurate with experience
Dress Code: Business casual
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to Villa Musica’s Executive and Artistic Director, Dr. Fiona Chatwin at firstname.lastname@example.org