- MISSED LESSONS: Students pay tuition regardless of attendance. Out of courtesy to the instructor, students must give at least 24 hours notice before an absence, but this does not exempt the student from payment. Make-up lessons for student absences are not required, but may be given at the discretion of the teacher. Make-up lessons for instructor absences may be scheduled by the student and instructor, or a credit will be applied to the student’s account.
- LEAVE-OF-ABSENCE: In an emergency, a leave-of-absence may be arranged. Prior approval of both the instructor and Executive Director are required. If approved, credit may be given for two or more consecutive absences. Otherwise, 30 days notice to the instructor and Villa Musica office is needed in a non-emergency.
- DISCONTINUATION: Villa Musica reserves the right to discontinue a student’s enrollment at any time for reasons including, but not limited to: poor attendance, non-payment of fees, lack of interest or disruptive behavior. If a student is dropped for non-payment of fees, the student may continue the quarter by paying the unpaid balance.
- GROUP CLASSES: Cancellations must be submitted by sending an email to email@example.com. Full refunds will be processed if received before the semester begins minus a $10 processing fee. Refunds received after the class has commenced will be given at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- INDIVIDUAL LESSONS:
Individual lesson cancellation requires 30 days written notice to admin. Please print the following discontinuation form and turn it into the front desk. Your 30-days begins when the document is received. Copies of the discontinuation form are also available at the front desk.
30-Day Notice of Discontinuation Form is available at the front desk.
- REFUNDS: Tuition refunds are given when the lesson or class is cancelled by Villa Musica. A refund, minus the first lesson, may also be given if the student decides not to continue after the first lesson and notifies us at least 24 hours prior to the second lesson. If the office is not notified at least 24 hours prior to the second lesson, the student is responsible for the full semester’s/month’s tuition.
- There is a $20 returned check fee.